Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love, Marrage and Valentine's Day

Hello all!
As you all well know, today is Valentine's day. For some this is a day for giving flowers to a girlfriend. For others, it's taking out their wife. For hallmark it's a made up holiday to sell cards. For me it's a day to think of the future.

As most of you know, I have a strict policy. I won't get into a deep relationship with someone if God doesn't tell me to. I believe that when it comes to getting married, God will choose a wife for me. What that doesn't mean is that I won't like my wife. Not at all. If I let God choose, my wife will me perfect for me. God knows my heart and everything in me. And God is a good God and as a Father wants to make his children happy, God also wants to make us happy.

So with that said, I'm leaving the choice of my wife to God to choose, because if I chose, I'd probably screw it up.
With all that said I want to talk to you about love. In this culture there is a completely messed up and polluted view of what love is. Love isn't an emotion or a feeling. It's not something that you feel, it's something you do. It's a life style you live. In 1 Corinthians it says,


"
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

So love isn't what we as a generation have come to see it as. True love is something we hardly ever see. Love is a choice you make ever day. And with your relationship it comes down to wither you love yourself or him. And it's the same with a man and a woman in a relationship. You have the choice to favor your self or you can choose to love the other and care for them.

So when it comes time that you have someone in your life that you care about more than the others and God has lead you to them, will you love them more than your self? And you can say yes now, but the true answer is shown ever day when you have the choice to choose you or them. As with so many thing,
it all comes down to a choice.

So as you go about your day today, pray and ask God to lead you to the one that He has for you. And when you do so, put aside your emotions or your attractions to people and ask God no matter what the answer who He has for you in your time to come.
And I'll leave you with this,

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Have a great day. And God bless.
-Jadon

No comments:

Post a Comment