Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th Bible Reading: Luke 10-12

Prayer is such a privileged. It glorifies and pleases God, as well as brings us to a point of humility and a deeper relationship with Him. I encourage you not to forget to whom you are praying to, or to underestimate what He can do when it is within His will. 

Luke 11:13
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!

Today, being the 4th of July, I just want to ask you to take a few minutes out of your celebrating to pray for this country and its leaders, who God has put in authority. 

I was really blessed by this testimony to the power of prayer, and I pray you will be too:


President Lincoln's Prayer Before Gettysburg


"…oppressed by the gravity of our affairs, I went to my room one day and locked the door and got down on my knees before almighty God and prayed to Him mightily for victory at Gettysburg. I told Him that this war was His, and our cause His cause, but we could not stand another Fredricksburg or Chancellorsville. Then and there I made a solemn vow to almighty God that if He would stand by our boys at Gettysburg, I would stand by Him. And after that, I don't know how it was, and I cannot explain it, soon a sweet comfort crept into my soul. The feeling came that God had taken the whole business into His own hands, and that things would go right at Gettysburg…"


Gettysburg was won by the Union forces on July 3, 1863, and is often considered a major turning point in the war.


No comments:

Post a Comment